What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device’s memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
Different types of cookies?
We may use First Party and third-party Cookies, Web Beacons and Google Analytics. These technologies are described below:
First-party and third-party cookies
There are first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by us. For example, Mirtalk use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your browser’s language preferences and to better understand your use of our website. Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to measure user numbers on our website or to enable you to share content with others across social media platforms.
Tracking technologies like web beacons
Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, tracking pixels, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Mirtalk, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Tracking URLs are custom generated links that help us understand where the traffic to our webpages comes from. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
Session and persistent cookies
There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only last until you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of reasons, including to learn more about your use of our website during one single browser session and to help you to use our website more efficiently. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren't automatically deleted when you close your browser. These types of cookies are primarily used to help you quickly sign-in to our website again and for analytical purposes.
Mirtalk may use the aforesaid automatic data tracking technologies for the following purposes:
- to propose Mirtalk website and its contents to you,
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us,
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it,
- to deliver you with notices about your membership,
- to carry out our obligations and enforce any rights arising from any contracts entered into on the Website, including for billing and collection,
- to inform you about changes to Mirtalk website or any products or services Mirtalk offers or provide though it,
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on Mirtalk website,
- for any other purpose with your consent,
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information,
- we might also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you,
- we may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
How can you control cookies?
Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu.
You also may be able to reset device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device. You can check the specific steps in the help or settings menu of your particular device.
When you access Mirtalk website via a web browser, you can alter the settings to change cookie preferences. You can control cookies in the browser by using the following links:
You can opt-out of Google Analytics here
How to contact us?
Hitsaajankatu 6 Helsinki – Finland
Phone: +358 (0)400 608 671